Arumdaun English Ministry (“AEM”) is the English-speaking semi-autonomous ministry of Arumdaun Presbyterian Church (“Arumdaun”), located in Long Island, New York. Over the past few years, AEM has grown to an approximate 150 congregants. AEM has two Sunday EM services (10:00 am and 11:30 am). AEM’s congregation is currently comprised of families, older and young working professionals, and college/graduate students.
Arumdaun as a whole is a multigenerational church composed of approximately 1,300 active adult congregants who are primarily Korean and Korean-American. Arumdaun also has an education department that consists of just under 1,000 children and youth.
AEM is seeking a full-time pastor with a gift and passion for preaching and teaching, who will disciple, lead, train/equip current and future AEM leaders, and build Gospel-centered fellowship and community for our growing multi-generational congregation. The ideal candidate is someone with English Ministry experience whose life, ministry, and teaching are centered on the Gospel and discipleship. Additionally, the AEM Pastor role requires strong spiritual leadership and the ability to foster strong-interpersonal Gospel-centered relationships and community.
The Pastor’s responsibilities would primarily include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preach at AEM services
- Oversee all AEM ministries
- Lead the ongoing process of vision casting and developing strategies/plans that are in alignment with ministry goals
- Proactively identify opportunities and facilitate the coordination and implementation of local outreach (i.e. develop community based partnerships) and foreign missions efforts
- Teach and train AEM leaders
- Work with AEM leadership and committee chairs on the coordination and implementation of Gospel-centered community-building programs (e.g.: small groups, fellowship, and welcoming)
- Work with AEM leadership in organizing and coordinating special ministry-related events and activities
- Lead the strategic/spiritual plan and budget development process for AEM
- Foster and implement discipleship training for AEM congregants
- Provide spiritual support and counseling to AEM congregants
- Report to and partner with the Korean Ministry pastoral staff and Arumdaun Session
- Collaborate with Arumdaun Korean Ministry on joint-ministry events and activities
- Master of Divinity from an accredited seminary
- 5 years general ministry experience
- 2 years EM experience beyond youth group ministries
- Commensurate with experience
If you believe you are called to serve Christ in this way, please submit the following to APCEM.Leadership@gmail.com:
- Statement of Faith
- Audio/Video Sermon Sample
AEM website: https://em.arumdaunchurch.org/